Atherton & Associates, LLP is a full service CPA firm in Modesto, CA. We are actively recruiting entry level members to help us continue to grow and provide the excellent client service that we are known for. The growth of our firm has provided unlimited opportunity for advancement for our qualified personnel and the ability to offer broader services to our clients.
- B.A./B.S. degree in accounting
- Adequate semester units to sit for the CPA exam
- Ability to lead, prioritize, thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Superior client service with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task)
- Has a strong conviction and holds to the Firm’s core values of Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Innovation, and Teamwork
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to focus on complex tasks, understand the Firm’s comprehensive compliance process and persevere to bring work to completion for review.
- Prepares financial statements, organizes work papers, maintains open items list and conducts self-review of work before submission to reviewer.
- Takes responsibility for service quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Develops or offers a proposed solution when communicating an issue
- Works autonomously under the pressure of tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Demonstrates ability to learn from mistakes and change approach/actions.
- Seeks feedback to learn and develop in role
- Works effectively and builds relationships with client service team
- Proactively informs engagement team of work status and requests information from client as needed.
- Recognizes the importance of professional growth activates of the firm and starts to develop a peer network.
- Ability to organize facts, analyze and interpret information/research according to client circumstances
- Identifies and develops alternatives for issues and consults with engagement team
- Masters the Firm’s software, research technology tools and related products to accomplish work efficiently
- Recognizes and applies the difference between financial and tax accounting
- Understands limits of personal knowledge; asks questions and seeks assistance to clarify technical issues.